Saturday, March 2, 2013

From the archives, 11/6/11

948_1079
This was a look back at the extra preparations I took during the annual New York City Marathon. I also took the same precautions for the 5 Boro Bike Tour. -Taking the my Macbook with me with the map of the marathon route already preloaded.

This way I could quickly refer to the web page to see if our route would be blocked by the event. I also needed to know the timing of when the runners had already passed. Certain destinations, such as York Avenue in the upper East Side, or Long Island City in Queens, or various parts of Brooklyn, would be completely blocked by the runners, or even worse, you could find your way in to the neighborhood, but it would be even harder to drive out of it. so the map, along with the news, and certain knowledgeable drivers and a few select policeman can be of help.