Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does anyone have any Neighborhood blogs?

I always wanted to have links on my left hand side for many neighborhoods across the city. But all I wound up with are a handful from the East Village. Alas one of them, 'Neither More Nor Less' has stopped posting. I tried sometime ago to go hunting for good blogs in neighborhoods across the city, but mostly I found diaries of peoples lives, or articles that seemed to reflect pay offs, i.e. new restaurant openings, and apartments for sale. If anybody knows a good blog that actually looks around and discovers something in another neighborhood please let me know.

3 comments:

Anna said...

www.thespaceattompkins.org

Please check us out and possibly link to us, we're trying to get in touch with community blogs to help get the word out.

Thanks a lot!

Anna Gordon
Community Relations
The Space at Tompkins

NYC taxi photo said...

Alright, I was looking for other blogs in different neighborhoods, as there seems to be too many blogs that cover ground in that neighborhood, but I put your link in anyway, as its layout and goal are so substantial.

So your blog is a documentation of the progress on a goal to help those without healthcare in the Tompkins Square Park area?

NYC taxi photo said...

unfortunately I couldn't find how to automatically update your link every time a new blog is posted, it says it can't find the feed, which is strange because you clearly have a rss feed. I know there is some way around this to give a combination of the feed's url, and the url of your site, but it isn't working/i don't remember how.