Friday, June 8, 2007

Sunday: Pissing in Midtown

Something we rarely think of as priority is our need to piss. Quickly I think two thoughts; Just where would it be easiest to park, and which places have the easiest to access bathrooms? Every once in a while I think I may need to take a number two. There are few toilets I designate as clean enough to sit on. We taxi drivers love to talk about good fares and traffic, but bathrooms are never mentioned. There was this one particular cabbie whom often started his shift at the same time as me. He always wore a smile on his face, so we often would talk. He gave me two things to remember:

lesson 1) Sometimes JFK airport is worth waiting at, and I should learn how it works, depsite how complicated it is. He once made 50 bucks going there, and 20 to 30 minutes later, made 60 going back.

lesson 2) Keep a bottle and piss in it.

So far I have yet to do either. I asked him if perhaps this is why taxis smell bad, I of course was joking. Taxis smell more like tobacco then piss. They used to smell of curry, but that is rare now.

-------------------------------------
It was early in the morning and I had to go just a bit. I keep a scale of 1-20 on how bad I gotta go, this was a 4. At 6:45 in the morning, the most profitable strategy would be to wait at a hotel, the lines were more then 10 cars deep, maybe 20. So now was a good time to piss. I thought about the Apple Store which is open 24 hours. Despite midtown looking like a ghost town, I still had to find a parking spot about two blocks away, but I enjoyed the walk, and felt really high class.

There is a lot less to think about on sundays



I just had to get the shot of the parking sign here. You can click on all my pictures to get a larger window. I felt the sign needed context so I got the Trump Tower and the Gucci ad.

About a half a minute later a man walks by and stares at the ad. I took a look back and did a double take.

(trip sheet photo soon to come too) --- later --- screw it, no more trip sheet photos

2 comments:

Eugene Salomon said...

I recommend the medium sized Gatorade bottle. Fits snugly in the trunk near the jack.

Michael said...

Holy shit, G.S., that's EXACTLY what I do!